Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I would like to discontinue using mobile me. How do I delete

Customer Question

I would like to discontinue using mobile me. How do I delete this and go back to regular email.mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan. For you to discontinue MobileMe you also have to discontinue .Mac because they are one and the same. If you wish to have a free email service then I suggest Gmail. It will work just fine with the Mail application on your Mac and like I said free. If you did not have a MobileMe account and you did the trial one it will expire on its own, you don't have to do anything. To make Mail work again go to the Apple menu and from the drop down menu select Software Update. It may be that more than once will be necessary to get all the updates for 10.6 compatibility. After all that then repair the permissions. In the spotlight (upper right corner of screen) type in disk utility and this will appear:

Disk Utility will be the top hit. Click on that and see this. (your window will have different names for the drives) your will probably be named Mac HD.

Just follow the instructions and please give it time. It will seem like it is hung but it just takes a while.
If you need clarification please ask.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dang it I goofed for sure. No excuses as I did this to me. Thank you I kinda figured going to be the answer after looking thru and reading. I am updated, very consistent with this. It could be I have not entered properly for the Bell South DSL. Will check all that again. I have uploaded pictures so time consuming to make changes yet I will have to find the time. Wonder if I reinstalled op system and upgrade you are so right this is permanent.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
MobileMe is what Apple changed .Mac into. If you had .Mac before then you still do, only the name has changed and more features have been added. I use MobileMe for my email and photo albums and back up and I like it fine.
I am not sure what you mean about the Bell South as it has nothing to do with the upgrade to 10.6.
If you could clarify I could help.