Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

I forgot my thunderbird password. I cnat send email without

Customer Question

I forgot my thunderbird password. I cna't send email without it. I can receive email. How do I reset my password. I have a Mac computer.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.

It's possible you can find your password XXXXX Keychain Access, which is located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Launch Keychain.

At the top left make sure Login is highlighted.

At the bottom left make sure Passwords is highlighted.

Look for a cebridge or Thunderbird password.

Double click it and you'll get a pop up window.

Click a check mark in the box "Show Password".

Enter your login administrator password XXXXX it will reveal your email password.
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience: 14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't find an "Applications/Utilites"folder. But I found a Device Manager folder. Under "NSS Internal OKCE#11 Module" there is a folder "software Security Device" where I can click on a "Log In" button in the upper right (not left) hand corner and change a password. It says that no password XXXXX been set! Is this the right place?
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
That's not the right place. To get to Application/Utilities there are a few ways to do it. Here's one:

Go to the Finder by clicking the smiling face icon in the lower left corner.

Click the Go menu heading at the top.

Scroll down and select Utilities in the drop down menu.

The Utilities folder opens.

Find Keychain Access in that folder and open it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I found that and got the password, but Thunderbird still won't accept it for sending email.
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
If you see another one listed in Keychain Access, double click it and see if it's a different password. If it is, try it. If you see even more listed, try them all out. If none of them work you will probably have to call your email internet provider.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the other passwords are the same. I tried and it doesn't work.
I will call my email internet provider again and see what they say. If I get no results, I will try you again.
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.
At this point that's the best thing to do.