Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello-I would love to upload my wedding video on to my computer,

Customer Question

Hello-I would love to upload my wedding video on to my computer, but it is protected and I can only view it if I play the DVD. The company went out of business. I have a MAC OS 10 computer. The files names are VTS_01_0.BUP.   Please advise if there is anyway to do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First download and install these application on your Mac. All these software are free to download and use...

Handbrake : Download Handbrake
MPEG Streamclip
: MPEG Streamclip
VLC Player : Download VLC Player

Now follow the steps below :
  • Open Handbrake, and it will automatically asks you to select the DVD. So select the DVD video and click Opengraphic
  • Adjust the settings like as shown in the picture below and press the start button to start the process of conversiongraphic
  • You can see the converting process on the bottom and when its completed you'll get a dialogbox like this.graphic

• Close Handbrake and you can see the video file saved on the location that you provided (destination). Normally the video file will be saved on the desktop.
  • Now, open MPEG Streamclip and "drag n drop" the video clip into the center (five dots) on the window of MPEG Stream clip.graphic
  • The video file will be visible on the window. Now click on the File menu and click "Export to Quicktime"graphic
  • From the settings's window, configure the settings like the picture below..After that press "Make Movie". It may take hours to complete the conversion.graphic

Now you can play/save it on your Mac and you can also edit it in iMovie if you want...

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
What happens when you open Handbrake, is it just bounces ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello-I downloaded Handbrake, but when I click on the icon, nothing comes up. Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You can try handbrake in New User account..

Create new user Account
  • Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences, and click Accounts.
  • If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type your administrator name and password.
  • Click the Add (+) button, located below the list of accounts, to create a new account.
  • Select a type of account from the New Account pop-up menu.
  • Now you can see some types of accounts in there; Administrator,Standard,Managed with Parental Controls, Sharing Only etc
  • Choose Administrator from it.
  • Enter a name for the account
  • Type the user’s password XXXXX the Password XXXXX Verify fields.
  • Click Create Account.
  • Now restart your Mac and log-in with that account.

(no need to accept)

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did that, and I still can't open it. It gives me the pineapple icon and it shows up in the applications bar for a second and then it disappears.   Sorry to be a pain!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Forgot to ask !

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Which type of Mac ? (Intel Mac or Power PC Mac)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a MAC OS X Version 10.4.11 It's an Intel Core 2 Duo.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Try this version of handbrake : Click Here