Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Since downloading snow leopard my printer tells me when I attempt

Since downloading snow leopard my printer tells me when I attempt to use the scanner that it could not be initialized, even though the printer window says that it is scanning.
Hello my name is Dan.
What make and model is the scanner/printer?
How old is the scanner/printer?
What kind of Mac are you using?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
G'Day Dan..Thanks for replying. My system is Mac OS X Leopard Printer is Photosmart C6380 all in one. It is almost one year old
My computer is good in operating with the printer when I need to print but it does'nt want to know the scanner.Just when it looks like its all going to happen a window appears saying an unknown error has occurred.I think this is a hard one when the computer not sure whats going on.

Good luck....Frank
Ok Frank. I don't know if you have the latest HP software for that printer/scanner if not then here is the URL to do so. I would download the whole suite including the firmware. That may be what is wrong is that the firmware needs updating.
Please do that and check the firmware as per the instructions that should be with the update.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tried all that and still as soon as i get up the scan window and click scan I immediately get the unknown error answer. Maybe I should try a hammer. Thanks for trying...its worth $18 just to know I can call for help when I need it. I guess I need a house call from a tcchnician.....Frank
It could very well be a hardware issue with the scanner. All this stuff has to play nice like a symphony orchestra and if one instrument is off it doesn't work. Love them when they do hate them when they don't.
If there is another scanner like that one try it and see if the error is still there, or take you Mac to where they are sold and try it there, that will definitely tell you where the problem lies.