Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have a Mac PowerBook G4 from 2005. I have used a very old

Customer Question

I have a Mac PowerBook G4 from 2005. I have used a very old version of Skype since then successfully, but just updated to the new 2.8, and all of a sudden it won't let me sign in. It does nothing for about 2 minutes then says to check my network settings. i can sign into Skype on other computers and I can sign into other chat programs on my computer, but I can't sign into Skype anymore on my computer. Please help - I have no idea how to fix it!
Thanks,
Carly
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
Have you compared settings and info between machines?
What Mac OS X version do you have?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Dan,
Thanks for answering. I am at work right now so can't really check my home laptop, but I haven't compared settings and info between machines. I called my friend, who has a MacBook, to see if he could log me in and he could, but I couldn't see his computer. My PowerBook G4 runs OS 10.4.11. Is there any other information that you need?
Thanks,
Carly
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Not at this point. Compare the settings on your friends Mac to yours also, I think that is where you will find the problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry, but that was not a helpful answer. I was able to solve this on my own by deleting the new skype and re-downloading the old version.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Good for you.