Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

As of yesterday I have been unable to send or receive emails

Customer Question

As of yesterday I have been unable to send or receive emails from Live Hotmail via my Entourage app (Mac OSX 10.5.X). I get a 18597 error message telling me that "access is forbidden". Any ideas???

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Has this issue resolved itself?

I read there were problems with Hotmail and some users (2 here alone asked about it) were having issue with access to their email.

It has since been resolved so I wnated to know if you still needed assistance with this.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No....the problem still remains, namely, I am accessing my Hotmail via a "POP" account setting inside Entourage instead of using the "Windows Live Hotmail" option. The later used to give me full visibility to all my folders in Hotmail and manage mail movement. The old configuration stopped working on 2-Sep-09 and still gives me a #18597 error reading.

The current setting (POP) only allows me to view my inbox. Mail movement/management is also excluded. I am now having to manage my Hotmail views in Entourage and Live Hotmail separately. A real inconvenience and not a practical long term solution.

Hotmail should have moved to IMAP like everybody else.

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Wanted to see if it was resolved. I saw they were having issues and thought it was a short duration problem.

I see you have other issues there with that setup.

I'll opt-out and if you want, another expert can try to help.