Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

How can I use my subscription to the OAG airlines guide on

Customer Question

How can I use my subscription to the OAG airlines guide on my MAC
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

I cannot find anything on their crazy site that even tries to explain what is required for access and use.

Do you have any details as to what they require? PC/Windows? anything?

I can browse around the site looking at the different products, but since I do not have a subscription, I cannot log in to see what happens.

I'll need you to tell me what goes on when you try to log in. If you have used another browser and what was it?

Thats stuff. Then I can try to sort it out.

There are so many badly run websites that this may just be another one that marginalizes Macs.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They did tell me that if you were able to switch me into a windows system, it might work.

I use Safari as my browser
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OOH... try this.

Go to Safari and then go to the Safari menu and open preferences.

In here, click on Advanced tab and at the bottom click on Show Develop menu.
graphic

Close that and now look in your menu bar. There is a new menu.

Choose that menu and then choose User Agent sub-menu.
In there, choose Internet Explorer for Windows or Firefox for Windows.
graphic

Pick a newer version of either.
Then go to OAG and see if the site works for you.

Keep in mind that every page that opens as new, you have to change that User Agent for that page. There is no Global setting. So if this works, and OAG opens a new window when you click on something, you will have to go back to that menu and choose the agent you had before and reload the page.

It may or may not work. But it is something.

The other option, like they said, is to install Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion and install Windows in either of those apps. Then you can have Windows and Mac OS running at the same time.

Requires an Intel mac and lots of ram. over 2 GB recommended.