Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

On attempting to open Entourage I get a message that says This

Customer Question

On attempting to open Entourage I get a message that says "This identity cannot be opened with this version of entourage" This follows a message asking if I wanted to download Entourage. I deleted this message and have trouble since then.

I have used Entourage for +- 12 months and have found it generally very user-friendly.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Is it possible that you have another version of Entourage / MS Office installed and it accidentally started up?

Have you moved Entourage out of the Microsoft Office folder in the Applications folder to somewhere else, like the Desktop?

Have you moved or done anything with any folders in your Documents folder recently?

Let em know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, Mike,

Sorry about delay. Have tried your suggestions but no luck. Thanks for trying.Customer
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, but they were not suggestions. Trying to see if any of those were done. They should NOT be done and that's why I asked. Any of those could cause this.

Entourage uses what's called an Identity to tell whose account it is, where to store the emails, calendars, etc...

If Entourage is moved, of if that Identity folder gets moved or the permissions get changed, Entourage may try to start a new one or mistakenly open an old one like a former backup.

That's why I was asking