YMac, IT Specialist
Experience:  I have been using Macs for 20 years and have 10 years experience in IT.

How to make Eudora handle two accounts. It is my

How to make Eudora handle two accounts. It is my account and I would like it also to handle a verizon account.
Can you help?

Anne Rawson
Category: Mac
Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.

To make Eudora handle two accounts you need to create a new personality in Eurdora:

1.From the Window menu, choose Personalities.
The Personalities window appears.

2.Click the New button.
An untitled personality item appears with the personality icon.

3.In the name box for the new item, type a name for the personality and press Return. (If the name box is not already highlighted for editing, click it once. After a short pause, the box is highlighted.)

4.With the personality item still highlighted (click once on the icon if it is not), click the Edit button.

The Personalities settings dialog appears which will allow you to put in all the information needed to receive and send mail for your second account.

Let me know how things go.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm trying to follow your instructions and keep deciding I'm stupid. L'ii try to figure out where I get into trouble and get back to you. Customer

Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.

Just let me know where you're having the issue and I'll be happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I go to Window and hit new for Personality, I get an icon which says "untitled 2." The first Personality is <<Dominant>>. So what do I call "Untitled 2?"
There may be other hangups that I'll discover when this is cleared up.
Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.
It doesn't matter what you call it. Just name it something that will make sense to you. For example Swarthmore if it's for that account or Verizon if you're entering the information for that account.

This is just a display name so it doesn't really matter what you call it. It's just for your reference.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK. I tried to send mail from the verizon account to the swarthmore account. I got an Error Message--"Error while sending mail for Verizon: Error involving Domain Name System -3170; the Domain Name does not exist. {37-428}.
Was it because I was sending from one Eudora account to another?
Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.
No you should be able to send fine between accounts.

What settings did you put for SMTP Server?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I put "".
I don't understand IMAP and POP. the swarthmore account is IMAP. Is VErizon the same? How do I find out?
Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.
Looks like is the wrong hostname. Check Verizon's information:

It needs to be

Make sure you put in all your account information correctly for both accounts. If you are not sure you might have to contact the respective providers.

Let me know how things go.
Expert:  YMac replied 7 years ago.
Any update on thisCustomer

Let me know if you need more help with it.