Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Every time I select something or open a new window the text

Every time I select something or open a new window the text to speech voice reads outloud what it is. I turned off the speakable items under the speech menu but it continues to announce everything I select. How can I turn it off before I go crazy?
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
Sounds like the Voice Over function is turned on. You can turn off it by pressing Command(Apple) + F5 (If that didn't worked then press Command(Apple) + fn + F5)

or Goto System Preferences > Universal Access > Seeing. Turn off the "Voice Over" from there.

Best Regards,
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks