Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Hello, I need your help. I have a late 2005 G5 tower running

Customer Question

I need your help. I have a late 2005 G5 tower running OS X 10.4.11. My Safari is 4.0.3. Some of the websites I frequent post in 1/4 letters and the rest is a jumble of fractions and math equations. Sites like Skype, Wikipedia and many more are doing this. The same sites do the same thing when running Firefox. I've cleared the cache and run Onyx's cleaning programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Customer
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")

Do you have the Mac OS X installation disks that came with your Mac ?

When did the problem starts ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm running OS X 10.4.11. I do have the Mac OS X installation disk.
From almost the beginning, wikipedia wouldn't pull up without the fractions. I just now want to use Skype, and notice it won't pull up in letters either. A few other websites do the same. Most come in fine, but I seem to be running into more that are all math, these days.

Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the late reply. Okay...you can try Disk Utility and see if that helps.

Running Disk Utility From Mac OS Installation/Restore Disks

• Insert the Mac OS X Install/restore disc that came with your Mac, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
  • When you see the Spinning gear, then release the C key
  • You should see the language screen which will lead you into the Installer environment
  • Once on the Installer screen, from the first window and from the Installer Menu bar, select Utilities.
  • Now choose Disk Utility from the Utilities/Installer menu.
  • Click the First Aid tab and select the hard drive icon displaying your Macintosh HD
  • Click Repair Disk and Repair Permission. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
  • Once completed, quit Disk Utility.
  • Click on Installer Menu and reboot to your Mac Desktop

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks anyway. A guy at work finally figured it out. I had a lot of copies of helvetica fractions within various font folders. I deleted all helvetica fractions fonts, restarted, and it finally works!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Glad to hear it....Please comeback again if you need our help.

Best Regards,