Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Hi I jus wondering how to format my emac, i put the disc and

Hi I jus wondering how to format my emac, i put the disc and press the c key for long time and nothing happen, i forgat name and passwor so i can't use my computer long time i diden't used. please tell my how to format and make a new emac, thankyou very much.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
Does the eMac power up?
Are there any start up sounds?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the emac power up and start normaly with the start son.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
So what you would like to do is reset the password?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes reset the password
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
OK, do this exactly.

One, insert the Install disk #1 into the CD drive.

Two, turn the computer off.

Three, press and hold the 'C' key down and press the power button to turn it on.

Four, keep holding the 'C' until the choose your language screen comes up and then let go and choose your language then click continue.

Five, ignore the installation window and in the menu bar in the Utilities drop down menu select Reset Password. After you have done that then quit everything and restart. Now it is as it was with anew password XXXXX everything is as you left it.
Please let me know how you did.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing new happen thesame problem
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
If the 'C' key doesn't work then press and hold the 'Option' key the same way as the 'C' key.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wish one it is the option key, tell me please
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
It will have 'Option' and 'Alt' printed on it. Second key to the left from the space bar.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it is open emac thirteen and mac os x install dvd
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Now reset the password XXXXX follows.
1 Choose the install DVD as the startup.
2 At the language screen choose your language and click continue.
3 When the installer window comes up ignore it and click on Utilities in the menu bar and select Reset Password. Input the new password XXXXX then quit the installer and restart.
Now your eMac will be just as it was when you last turned it off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am sorry to bother you but i don't want to make worse the computer,

wish one i can choose.

administraror (admin)

student (student)

Tech (tech)

System Administrator (root)

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Admin as you want to be able to do updates and things like that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help, every thing it is ok now.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Glad to be of help. Thank you for giving me the chance. If you have any more questions Just Answer is always online.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.