Derick The Mac Guy
Derick The Mac Guy, Mac Genius
Experience:  5 yrs Experience with Macs including 4 yrs as a Mac Genius with Apple
19583794

How do you transfer Quickbook records from a 2007 PC version

How do you transfer Quickbook records from a 2007 PC version to a 2009 Quickbooks for MAC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Derick The Mac Guy replied 7 years ago.
Good Evening,

The key to transferring Quicken info is to ensure you have a good .qif export of you accounts from your existing Quicken software. If you export a .qif (should be under the "File" menu) you can then import the .qif file on your Mac.

Here is a link with helpful tips from Quicken. It is a very straight forward process.
https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=774

Thanks,
Derick
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
None of the data from existing years is in Quicken. The data needs to be downloaded from a 2007 Windows version of QuickBooks and uploaded into Quickbooks for the Mac 2009 version. One tech support said a trial version of 2009 QuickBooks window must be used to download the data that was entered into the 2007 Windows version. However, the next few tech support people have not suggested this step.

I'm still at a loss. The link for Quicken does not lead anywhere. Any other ideas.
Good Morning,

Sorry for the issue. Let's see what we can find for you.

Here is a link to QuickBooks info on exporting/importing quickbooks info:
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Pages/KnowledgeBaseArticle/1003348

The process seems very similar to the Quicken instructions which is a good thing.

Here is a snippet from the Intuit site:

Use IIF files to:

-Export lists from one QuickBooks company file and import them into another.
-Import transactions into QuickBooks from another program.
-Import QuickBooks Timer activities into a company file.
-Share data between different QuickBooks editions and platforms (such as Pro, Premier, and Enterprise; or Windows and Macintosh)

So this sounds like the direction we want to take. Intuit does say that there are some limitations to the files, and those limitations are outlined on the same page:

Thanks,

Derick
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sounds like this may have limitations. I now know I should develop my own company using the same format and re-enter most current information and go from there. At least we will stop wasting time and energy. Usually the MAC can manage it's way through Windows-generated entries, but not so well with databases.....