John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

When I write Word docs, I need the formatting palette. Formerly,

When I write Word docs, I need the formatting palette. Formerly, when I clicked on the formatting palette icon, it would clearly appear on my laptop screen. All of a sudden, now when I click on the formatting palette icon, the icon "flies" to some mysterious location down "below" the bottom of the laptop screen, where, of course, it is invisible and useless, and I can't even see it to drag it up to a useful place. Clicking again on the icon simply makes it "fly" (again, so fast I can hardly see it) back up to its proper place. I have tried rebooting. I have tried calling my local Mac guy, and he is at a loss. Please help! XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

A part of the toolbar should remain visible near on of the edges of the screen. Try maximizing your Word window so that you will be able to clearly see the full screen. When you find it just click on an empty area the that toolbar and drag it to the top area where your menus and toolbars are then let go. It will get docked with the rest of the toolbar.

Hope this helps.