Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

can I change the background in iMovie without a green background ...Video

Customer Question

can I change the background in iMovie without a green background?...Video looks great, but the background is hideous
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Do you mean that the background in the actual video is green?

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Brandon,

NO, I was saying that I understand if I would have shot it with a green background I could change it to anything I would want. I actually was sitting in front of a nice brick fireplace, but the lighting was awful and it created a shadow, so I tilted the chair and now I have this half brick half wall catty-corner look...that just looks cheap and flimsy...so, I would love to change it as the words and meaning are there, but the background sucks!!! Any, way of changing it or do I just have to shoot it over?
I understand now. No, iMovie isn't powerful enough to do that kind of editing. You would need an advanced video editing software to do something like that. You will need to reshoot it.

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, well then you told me something I already knew, but thanks anyway!
You asked =]

Good luck.
Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
True, but I'll continue to leave the question out there in hopes that there is some sort of solution!

Thanks,

Stu
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stu,
If you send the video to me, i will change the background for you...and like Brandon's answer iMovie is not powerful enough to do that kind of jobs...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

THank you and it would be awesome if you can change the background...A little confused though as in one way you say that you can change the background, but then you say you can't are you going to edit it in another program outside of iMovie?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Brandon,

I do appreciate your feedback, but it doesn't help me as I knew that already...that is why I posted the question, why I still have the question out there as perhaps somebody will come along that does know how to change it and therefore, it will be the answer I am looking for and that person will rightfully get paid.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I mean that i can change the background for you if you send the video to me...

(There is no option to change the background in iMovie other than green screen or bluescreen)

Yes i'm going to edit the video in another program (Autodesk Combustion/Final Cut Pro)

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cool, that is really amazing, thank you!!! What kind of background can you give it? Can you send me some choices?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Its your choice, you need to give me some background (names) and i will try to mix it with video background...

What type of background does you like ?

And i need to see the video...please give me a screenshot/sample clip of the video ?

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Forgot to ask...Duration of the video ?????
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sure and here's and other good question as well...From the lighting it made me sweat a little bit and I covered it up to a large degree with changing the contrast, brightness and exposure...it basically got me to look more tan which isn't bad, but if you can work a little bit more on the sweat areas that would be awesome too!! How do I send you a screen shot (attachment) through this service and how can I find background names...the name of the Co. is We Are Our World...so, that being the case that background in iMovie I think it's called Blue Marble Still may turn out be a great background! It's about 7 min only very short!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I will try to make it clear !

You can use "Google" to search backgrounds...(Sorry, i'm not very familiar background designs, if you provide me an background i can finish the work easily)

Upload the sample clip/picture into rapidshare.com and post the download links in here...

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Got it...now search for an background (take your time)

Also send the video ASAP, so that i can start working on it..you can send the background later...But i need the video first

(I'm going to offline, its 1:30 AM in here, i will give you the video tomarrow)

Also upload and send the video to me through rapidshare.com

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, and I am looking at backgrounds right now... I think a shot of the world from space wouldbe awesome!!! Can you get me and just my shirt... loose the chair behind me. When you say rapidshare, don't I need an account and your account... how will it reach you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay..i will try that.

What type of background...Video ?? or Image ??

You don't need any account in Rapidshare, just log-in to www.rapidshare.com, click on the browse button, select and upload the video file. Once the upload is completed, you'll get the download links. Just post the links in here...
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I hope you want the video like this. Right ?
graphic

I'm going to offline, need to sleep. Please don't forget to post the links.. Good Luck !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow..you be da man, brother!!! A little bit different image of the world, but I also love that ray of sunsine beaming through anyway you can do the same thing with the image I send you...Get some sleep and I will have everything in your hands shortly!

I'm uploading it as we speak (even though I am on a fast conection the Internet loads really slow and it is going at just 62kb per sec)..I am about half-way there and waiting) I am also going to upload the background... with this pic

You'll also notice when it comes to showing the images throughout the video the volume gets lower for whatever reason even though I increased it by 200%, so if you can correct for that and get it to match the sound trhoughout the video it would be great.

So, tell me... you think you can get rid of my sweat...I seriously never sweat, but the lighting was strong If you can have just me and the world image behind me like you have that would be truly awesome!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

Here are the links from Rapidshare:

Video:

http://rapidshare.com/files/271034740/WAOW_INFO4.mov.html

Background:

http://rapidshare.com/files/271041750/WAOW_World.jpg.html

Ok, here is what I would like to have done if possible and I would be extremely grateful!!!

If you can do the same thing with me being to the right of the world with that ray of sunlight, correct for the volume when the images are shown, touch up the sweat areas on my brow, cheeks, chin and kneck that would be great!! I also need it in a quicktime video that is 640x480..or perhaps I could just download it from rapidshare and set up the format myself...is that possible?

As said, you be the man, I am very impressed with your skillsets and I am really psyched we hooked up on here...I may in fact have some future projects.

Thanks again and I look forward to the results!!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

Oh yea, one last thing. You can either end the video with a fade to black or redo the flash movie at the end with a quicker sequence, as I tried to do at the end...only problem was for whatever reason it cut off the top and bottom....so, I uploaded it to radidshare as well and here is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/271136259/Slide4_strength_in_numbers.mov.html

From the little that you showed me, I definitely have confidence in your abilities and I can't wait to see the outcome...As mentioned, I definitely would like to throw you more work. So, do good my new found Internet friend and you will definitely get more!!

Thanks in advance!!

Stu
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I will do like you said...but now i'm going to school. I'll start doing this work when i returned from school.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, buddy...wow, where are you? It's already 11 pm my time..I guess with the Internet you can be anywhere, but certainly would be interested if you were half way around the world...which I have a feeling you are...amazing, with technology when you think of all the things we take for granted these days!!!

Ok, well do good at school and I look forward to seeing the results!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I'm from India, it just 9:00 AM in here and i will return from the school at 1:00 PM....

Thanks....
Your new friend,
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
And Sleep Well...Good Night !Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Awesome, how amazing is this when you think of how far yet, how close we are! Well, do good at school..what are you studying? Something no doubt with computers, I would think!

Friend and creative-techy-video-partner... I say that with the upmost candor, as I'm going to have probably at least one to two of these videos monthly for you to add some flavor to.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi friend,
Bad News ! I tried very hard and spend more than 4+ hrs on this video and i can't make it work..because i can't use "keying" on this video because of the following reasons..

The chair and your hair have same colour...
The background(wall) and your face have same colour...
And shadow is a big problem...

I'm sorry for wasting your time...Please see this video. I can successfully remove the background (bottom) but can't remove the top part : Click Here

(Your video have more than 10000 frames and each frame take 1-10 seconds to edit.
The video i created only have 1943 frames and it took 3+ hours to just finish the bottom part)

(Atleast you know, i worked very hard on this)

Sorry !!! Sorry for wasting your time !!

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

You are genuine and true and I know you must have put in a lot of time and effort. Here is an idea, because I love your idea and the background. If I reshoot the video with a tanash background or all white background...colors in my home, can you do it with the world in the background?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stu,
White will not work...keying is impossible with white colour because we have white in our body...

I don't know about Tanash colour, never heared it. Could you please give me a sample of it..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tanash is a light brown color, but it maybe the same result because of my facial color... Prefer not to buy anything, but now I am hooked on the world in the background as if you heard the wording on the video and know the name of the company it is obviously perfect...so if not tanash what color is best (green from what I read) and I can go out and buy something to hang and reshoot the video. What is your suggestion, after all of your effort I want to give you the opportunity to do the work! If I can have it in your hands come later on today...you think you maybe able to get it back tomorrow or the following day....essentially it should be easier as it will now just be putting the background up.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Green is the best colour and blue will also work.
I use both green and blue screen in my home for editing wedding videos... and i got better results from green screen.
But selecting best amongh these colours is very impossible because there are several type of green/blue colours are available. You must go with someone who know about "green/blue screen" to buy it. And the important thing is, lighting must be correct...

Green is best, XXXXX XXXXX !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you send me the color of green and when you say proper lighting do you need it to be very light or low to middle lighting?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Not too light, because it will increase the white in green and not too dark because it increases black... A middle lighting is good, and shadow must not be spread on the screen.

Here is the picture of "green and blue screen" in my home :
graphic

I searched youtube and found some useful videos :

How to set up the perfect green screen studio

Where to Buy Cheap & Make Awesome Green Screen - Chroma key

(only click accept after we solved the problem)

Green Screen/Blue Screen are worth it !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I am going down to a store today...this is what i found...This is the largest video and camera store in the world. Spoke to a guy over the phone and he said even though it's not persay "chroma key" it will work just as well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=savage+techgreen&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I hope they will work..

And remember don't wear anything which is similar to green while shooting the video.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, get back to you later when I get everything...thanks!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
okay..
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
If possible, please send the video without editing...

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
What about the green screen..did you get it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

Sorry, I did not see your post from earlier. I got it and se shot the video's.... thanks! XXXXX am editing..it is probably going to take me a few days...I'll be back to you come Monday...have a great weekend!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Please give me the videos without editing it...(the original print) Then you can edit it...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ashik,

I appreciate it, but I definitely have to edit them first...I'll get back to you come Monday.

Have a great weekend!

Stu
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stu,
If you edit them, it will be very difficult to use the keying (chroma key)

Have a great weekend to you too !

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm cleaning them up all the mistakes and misreads...like before I need to give you a semi-finished product.

Have a good weekend...speak soon!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Ok...then you can give me the video without adding effects (like transitions,filters etc)

Bye for now !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Ashik,

I hope this finds you well, as I really appreciate all your efforts and I had to redo the video's completely. I did use a green screen and added the earth on my own, but no denying you put in a good deal of time and effort and if anybody deserves the funds you do...so I am going to send this to you first to make sure that you get it and then come back and hit the accept button later this afternoon to insure you get the credit and get paid.

Once again, thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated!!

Stu
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stu,
Glad to hear that...Thanks

I hope you'll give me a Positive Feedback for my efforts. Have a great day !

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Absolutely and thanks once again!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You're Welcome ! Thank you very much for Accepting my answer. Have a great day !

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You too and when I have future work I will definitely come to you first! Additionally, I would like to help you further, as I have a friend who has a pretty big sized Internet consulting business that outsources a lot of work to India how can he contact you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Stu,
Thanks for the offer. Here is my e-mail address.
graphic
If you have any questions, please comeback again to JustAnswer.com

Best Regards,