John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering
Experience:  Worked on Macs and PC's for 20+ years.

We use thunderbird for email on our of last Friday

We use thunderbird for email on our of last Friday our sent emails appear in our sent items but without the it shows the recipient, date and subject, but when we open the email....the message sent is blank...any ideas?

Try this:

Click Tools > Options > Composition tab, then select 'Inline' from the drop down box next to Forward message..

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when I click tools, I do not have an " options" choice, I have: address book, extentions, themes, message filters, run filters on folder, junk mail controls, run junk mail controls on folder, import, javascript console, account settings

Ok, on the mac I think you will find it under Preferences > Composition > General, then look for 'Forward Messages' and select Inline from that pull-down list.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I have done this and the forward messages pull down was "as attachment" now it is "inline" but there is no change to the problem. What next?

Now test it by opening any received message in your inbox then click the Forward button, type some text in the message box, then address it to your own email address. When the email gets received in your inbox you will see the message that you typed earlier appearing in the message box rather than as an attachment.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes that worked, I can see the typed text in the item in my in box, however, I still cannot see the message in my sent items folder. The message is blank.

Ok, try to compact your folders (File > Compact Folders). If problem persists then you probably have some corruption in TB program files or registry in which case you will need to reinstall Thunderbird.