Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am having a problem in sending e-mails from my entourage

Customer Question

I am having a problem in sending e-mails from my entourage acct this is the error msg I get. Can you help me on this issue?

Error:
5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given

Cannot send mail. The SMTP server does not recognize any of the authentication methods supported by Entourage. Try changing the SMTP authentication options in Account settings or contact your network administrator.

Account name: "Frank Conrad"

Error: -17092
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

1. Goto Tools and then Accounts.
  2. Click your account name in the accounts window and click Edit.
  3. In the Edit Account window, near the bottom you should see "Sending mail" settings, can you tell me what the SMTP server is?
    graphic
  4. Also, click on "Click here for advanced sending options."
    graphic
  5. Make sure "SMTP server required auth" is checked. and the bullet is next to "Use same settings as receiving mail server."

Once I hear back from you what your smtp server is I will verify more information.

-Brandon

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bebo,
Thank you for contacting me I have taken care of the problem with my internet provider last night. The problem that I had was that in the entourage I was no sending mail out I've gone to entourage I clicked on acct settings and clicked on advanced settings advanced sending options and checked SMPT requires authentication
and clicked on use same settings as receiving server and that was it. I couldn't wait any longer for a response for I had important documents to e-mail and that was my priority. I thank you for your time. Will I still be charged? Please respond.
Thank You
Frank

I'm sorry that it took so long to get an answer, our Mac experts are usually quick. I'm not sure about being charged, as experts don't handle billing. I know you put down a deposit and you will be charged for the deposit but I am not sure if / when you will get it back. Please [email protected] regarding the deposit that you made.

Best Regards,

Brandon