Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can I run a Windows CD on a Mac o/s x computer. The CD

How can I run a Windows CD on a Mac o/s x computer. The CD from Canada says "Intkey requires Windows 95/NT or later." I have only Mac Leopard system that includes X11. How do I use this? I really need the info from this CD for my book project. Do I have to buy Windows to run it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So you are using Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard...

What type of Mac are you using ? (iMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro etc)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, and thanks. Mac o/s x 10.5.7 is running on a 2008 iMac. Also have a Mac Pro if that's of any use.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You can't run Windows applications on your Mac OS Leopard. Because, the *.exe files are windows executable files and it will only work in Microsoft Windows. If you want to run these files, then you need to buy the Microsoft Windows and install it on your Mac. You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of Parallels/VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp

BootCamp
It means that installing windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk and the Microsoft Windows can only access by restarting Mac OS. See the picture below.
graphic

By Parallels OR VMWare
If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware etc then you can load windows just by opening the application and run windows from it. With Parallels you can run windows and Mac OS at the same time.
graphic

Your Mac is compatible for either BootCamp or Parallels/VMWare...

If you don't want to waste your money for just to get the information from the cd, then just send the files to me.I have a PC and I will give you the information that you needed.

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked !

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for Accepting my answer, bonus and the positive feedback. Have a great day !

Best Regards,