Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I gt a spinning ball whenevr I try to read my email. The spinning

Customer Question

I gt a spinning ball whenevr I try to read my email. The spinning ball is constantly stopping me from using my AOL
Category: Mac
Expert:  compumagic replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-What internet browser are you using?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I amusing an IMACG3
Mac osx version
10.4.1

Thanks for the additional informationCustomer I will get this to our Mac experts and they'll be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My browser is AOL
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can use Safari but i still get the spinning ball- it's in technicolor and very annoying. I'm not sure if i am answering your questions correctly. Is AOL my Internet browser?Did I give you the right answer about my operating system?
I am not happy with AOL and am thinking of leaving it if I do not get an answer to this question. My time is valuable too and to have to sit down and spend2-5 minutes everyrthime i want to read my email because of the spinning ball is not good. I blame AOL for this. Also because of this i am constantly losing my AOL and I have to reconnect.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what's happening? Can you help me? it has been over an hour since i first emailed you.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

AOL is not an Internet Browser unless you are using AOL Desktop for Mac.

One, is your Email in AOL? or do you use AOL to just access the Internet?

When you get the beach ball (color spinning thingy - technical term) does it happen in Safari and AOL Desktop?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mMy email address is an AOL address. The beach ball happens on Safari too.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It also happens on AOL desktop.Whatever I point my cursor at, it immediately starts the beach ball spinning.When I pointed my cursor at reply (to you) the beach ball started spinning. I really am disgusted with AOL and it is ruining my life at home. Other members of the family encourage me to leave AOL. I am fighting a battle here alone.There has to be something you can do.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Sorry, not with AOL. I have despised that service for many years now. They do not provide support except web pages that are usueless, their service is spotty at best, XXXXX XXXXX ad driven and not customer freindly.

AOL Desktop is a bad piece or software getting worse as well.

What you want, and this is my opinion, is to get onto a new ISP/Internet Service Provider, like cable/FIOS/DSL and then get a new email address either with that new service or with Gmail. Just drop AOL and move away from their service.

Then you will see stability, better access, no more beach balls, email that works 99.999% of the time, and have access to it from anywhere you can get on the net, not just from home.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have just finished clearing up my email address which AOL sent to everyone in my address book. I am not ready now to go to a different provider and start all over again with the proccess.

I realize now that you cannot help me and so feeling very sorry for all the time you have put in, I will accept. But my problem has not be solved to my satisfaction. I am going to take my computer to the Apple store to the Genius Bar and see what they have to say.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok.

Thank you and good luck.