Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

My yahoo account has been hacked into about 10 times. Everytime

Customer Question

My yahoo account has been hacked into about 10 times. Everytime I change the password, they change it again within 2 minutes. This allowed them to get into my facebook account and also skype account.They have been sending messages to people pretending to be me. I am so scared and frustrated. I have now change to gmail and last evening, they tried, unsuccessfully, to hack into it. Is there anyway of finding out who did this? Should I hire someone? Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
I apologize I just saw this is a mac question I will need to opt out and move this to the mac category
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you- is my question still out there or do I need to enter it again
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
they will reply herelike I did
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Not much I can say about how to find out who it is, but I can say have a very strong password. Make your email address something that does not identify you.

Yahoo is probably the worst email system out there. So many people have problems with them it is not funny.

Gmail is good, but make sure to have a seriously hard password. Mix up letters, numbers and other characters to make it difficult to guess.

How do you know they already tried to get into Gmail?

Did you get an email from them?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi- I got an email from gmail saying that there had been a request to change password.
also- I have been using difficult passwords. Its almost like they are watching me. Is there some type of spyware they could have put on my computer? Can I hire someone to figure out who has been doing this?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

If there was spyware then it would simply tell them the new password XXXXX they would not need to change it.

Strong passwords are the best defense. And changing them constantly, like every month make up a new password.

I reaally don't know who you might call as local police are reluctant to get involved, state/Feds don't get involved until a crime happens, so there is little recourse.

I am truly sorry that this keeps happening to you. Is there anyone who is not happy with you? Like are you a teacher and some kid is getting back for a bad grade?

It is difficult to deal with, so keep sharp and try to stay one step ahead. They should and most likely will get bored with not getting into your account(s) and move on.