Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

i need a professional printer that is very compatible with

i need a professional printer that is very compatible with a mc ibook. my epson photo stylus r2400 is a disaster. what's a good 17" printer for a mac?
Hello my name is Dan,
I can only say from personal experience. I have had Epson and HP, I have never owned a Cannon but I hear good things about them.
Lexmark is bottom of the barrel.
I have had many HP printers although I have never had a big one like you have but I do print photos and have very good results, the support is good also. That is a big plus in my book.
I have the Epson because at the time I got it it was the only inexpensive printer that would print on printable DVDs. The compatibility sucks.
I would go with HP if they can fill your needs.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is the largest format you have ever printed on any of those printers? i am talking about printing 13x19 or 16x20, and downloading paper profiles.
the compatibility problems and overall temperamental nature of the epson printer has made me nuts over the last three years. do you have any thoughts about the large format printers?
Not really. Like I said I have had standard format 8x11. I can ask my fellow experts and see if they have specific recommendations.
I will post with results.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that would be great, daniel. thanks. it's the large format printers that i need to know more about.
I will have to get back to you tomorrow as it is time for this expert to go to the expert well.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i will be happy to accept you and pay for your information, but if i hit accept now, will i still get information tomorrow?
I have talked to my fellow experts and the majority say HP. None could recommend a specific model as we answer questions and you print photos.
My best suggestion here is search for reviews and other opinions.
Best I can do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi there daniel. thank you for your help. i will follow up with more online research. i already hit accept last night so you will get paid for your research.
Thank you Fran. I hope I have been of service. It is hard to say 'Go get this one and wind up sending you to something that isn't right'. I can only give my opinion and recommendation.