Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have the Olympus digital recorder WS-331M and have downloaded

Customer Question

I have the Olympus digital recorder WS-331M and have downloaded Windows Media PLayer for MAC and when I put the USB in to my computer, the computer has no response to it. The machine says "remote" what do i do??
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is Dan.
Just what is it you are trying to do?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am connecting to my computer but the computer doesn't respond when i put in recorder with USB. I have a MAC BOOK PRO. I downloaded Windows Media Player for MAC too.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
That doesn't tell me what you want to do. Are you trying to get your media off the camera into the computer?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it's not a camera, it's a digital voice recorder. i am trying to get the digital voice recording off my recorder and on to my computer.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
OK Windows Media Player is not what you want.
There two ways I can think of that will do the job.
One is Quicktime Player and it is found in your Applications folder. You may have to upgrade to QuickTime Player Pro to do more than import the audio.
The other is iMovie also in your Applications folder and no upgrade is necessary.
You will however have to change the input source in your System Preferences to use either of these options.
Let me know if you need clarification.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but it's not doing anything when i plug it in, could it be that my computer is not recognizing it?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
You have to start by launching the Application. You are expecting the application to launch automatically, very few pieces of hardware will do that.
For detailed 'how tos' go to Apple.com QuickTime support. I can help you do this but these are visual aids that are easy to follow.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what application? Quicktime? i've upgraded and done that, no response.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
OK. Please tell me in detail the steps you have taken to do this.
The more detail the better I can help you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I upgraded quick time, i changed it to quicktime in system preference, i opened it up and inserted recorder in to the USB port. nothing
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Did you push play on the recorder?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, it just says "remote"
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
You need to be more descriptive here because I can't see your computer so I can't get these clues without you telling me.
What says 'remote'?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, i found it. thank you! just need to figure out how to translate it to MP3. Thank you!
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Then why did you not include that little detail?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ha ha, i just thought of it because i didn't realize it would be a wmv file
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Thank you.