Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi. I returned from vacation, switched on my surge protector,

Customer Question

Hi. I returned from vacation, switched on my surge protector, and started my iMac G5, Tiger, OS X 10.4.11. My problem:

I'm no longer able to wake up my iMac. I've had to hold "on/off" button on back to shut down and then restart. I, Kin, am the administrator. Alternate user, Arly, has separate desktop and is able to wake up iMac using mouse or any key stroke. I, Kin, the administrator, needs help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help.
If you would be so kind to supply me with more information in as much detail as you can it will make it much easier.
If these are questions or information that you have already answered please answer again so I have all the info in the same place.

1- How would you rate your Mac experience and savvy? (1 new - 10 expert).

2- What steps have you taken to solve the problem?

3- Have you done software updates recently?

4- Were there any other changes that you may have noticed?

5- The iMac was working fine when you left for vacation and there were no symptoms before that? Like slow application response or slow internet?