MarcusTheMacGenius, Mac Genius
Experience:  7+ years experience, former Mac Genius, Apple Certified by Apple Inc.

I just updated my iphone 3gs and i still dont see the camera

Customer Question

I just updated my iphone 3gs and i still dont see the camera option in my text messages. How do I get that so I can send pics in text messages??
Category: Mac
Expert:  MarcusTheMacGenius replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I believe I can help you. Unfortunately if your service provider for your iPhone 3GS is AT&T then you are being forced to wait for AT&T to get their network together to support MMS (Multimedia Messages). The latest iPhone update (3.0.1) did not enable this function and its main reason for release was to patch a security bug that was found in the SMS application. The last I heard from AT&T is that MMS should be available in the fall. Thanks again AT&T for dropping the ball on this one. I'm an "angry" customer as well; however, if your up for the challenge, there is a way to enable MMS on your iPhone 3gs now. Follow these instructions and you can use the service before its officially released. Enjoy! =)