Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

ichat theatre wont work for me any common problems that have

Customer Question

ichat theatre wont work for me? any common problems that have been fixed?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me what version of Mac OS X you have?

What specific Mac, speed/model you have?

I'll be able to tell what iChat you have from that info.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have MAC OS X V. 10.5.7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM

I have IChat 4.0.8(619)
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for that. That machine and software match, so that's no the issue.

So, more questions about your network and how you connect to the Internet.

What type of network is in your location? Wireless? Wired/Ethernet?

How do you connect to the Internet? Cable? DSL? FIOS/Fiber Optic? Other?

Also, what symptoms are you getting with iChat Theater?

Any error messages? Quitting unexpectedly? Does it Connect at all and display nothing?

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am on a Netopia router, using WEP security with a 128 bit passphrase on a wireless airport connection. I am using DSL and Wickedfrow(other user) is using CABLE.

This is the error, it pops up and shows my camera and says Starting Video Chat...
Then it has this error...

" There was a communication error during your chart.

Did not receive a response from wickedfrow. You can send details about this problem to Apple to help improve future versions of iChat."

Then I click on Details: (sifting through all this jargon) It says...

"Video Conference Error Report: NNN-NN-NNNN@SIP/SIP.c:2719 type=4 (900A002D/0)
[SIPConnectIPPort failed]
[]

Video Conference Support Report:
10.052998 @Video Conference/VCInitiateConference.m:1584 type=2 (00000000/0)
[Connection Data for call id: 1 returns 1
]"

See what you think?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Let's try something.

My user name is XXXXX XXXXX XXX and iChat.

Try to initiate a video conference with me. We don't have to go through with it. Just want to see if we get these errors as well.

Then I want to try to Theater Share an iphoto and see if it works going to you.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Alright.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
That worked well, so let's see what happens with your Brother.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Well, I guess he may have told you, we connected, but he is having speed issues.

He is reporting only 256KB up and that is pretty slow for Cable. I told him to restart the modem and call cable company to verify he is getting the upload speed he should.

If that gets fixed, he may have no issues connecting to you in the future.

Glad to have met you both and good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well I will post again if that doesn't fix it. Thanks so much.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok.