Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

My iTouch stopped working--was fine in the morning, but dead

My iTouch stopped working--was fine in the morning, but dead in afternoon. I have tried re-setting it multiple times to no avail. Does not respond to being plugged into charger, does not call up itunes when plugged into computer. Only a year old.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Since you have tried everything there is to try, only one left is to leave it plugged into the charger, not USB of computer, for at least 24 hours.

Then try the Sleep/Wake button to see if it comes back up.

If less than one year old, do not hesitate to take it in to Genius at Apple Store and have them replace it. I might also advise spending the money on AppleCare before it goes out of warranty as well. Gives you 2 more years of coverage.

If over one year, at least have them evaluate it for you at no cost. Then you will know what to do.