Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

Safari window doesnt show everything on screen I have to physically

Customer Question

Safari window doesn't show everything on screen I have to physically move the screen from left to right by placing the cursor on the top clicking on my mousse and physically moving screen back and forth. This happened after 15 year old son of friend got Google Earth up and running for me have been on phone with 2 different apple tech support people for almost 3 hours, have put google earth icon on desk top in trash and google earth icon on dock in trash do I need to uninstall
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

What specific Mac is this? Model/Speed?
Curious, do you see the large/wide screens in anything else?

Is the type any bigger than it used to be as well in Icons/ folder names, etc...?

Does the screen look a little fuzzier than it used to? or is it still really sharp?

Let me know. I would like to solve this as well. It is intriguing.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Mike,

It's a Mac Mini, low-end, 10.4.11 Tiger, 512 MB, we think what happened was that when I loaded Google Earth and then used it a few times it might have blown the graphics card. Assumption that Google Earth is too powerful for this little machine to manage. I'm still covered under Apple care so I"ll take it in to a Genius Bar and see if they can fix it for me. If not....Yikes...
Type is bigger and the machine won't hold any of the fixes that we tried.Screen isn't fuzzy.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ooops, wrong, type is smaller now, and the computer did hold the changes.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok.

I don't think Google Earth might have done this, but I could be shocked by that one!

Did it get fixed? It sounds encoruaging from the last post...

If not, I hope the Geniuses can help you. If they cannot, feel free to come back. I'll be here.