Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I have a working i phone , my husband got a new Iphone and

Customer Question

I have a working i phone , my husband got a new Iphone and gave me his old iphone I would like to download podcasts on his old phone can this be done without messing my iphone that is working.In other words I want to use his old iphone as an ipod ,can this be done ?? and if so how can it be done>>?/////Brenda
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Just plug it in and when iTiunes asks what you want to do with it because it belongs to another user, just agree to erase that user and make it yours.

Then you can copy over whatever you want to it.

Keep in mind you have a limit of 5 authorized users in any iTunes account. So you could run into an error message that says you have 5 already authorized. If you know you don't no worries.

It will not affect your other iPhone because it is a separate unit.