Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  I have worked with Macs going back to the IIE. Installation, diagnostics, repair of all variations.

I have a MacBook laptop and I want to make sure that it cant

I have a MacBook laptop and I want to make sure that it can't get hacked into. I use a password XXXXX I open the laptop and I have Firefox on it...but I also use U-Verse wireless at home. Am I safe now from hackers or should I do something else? Thanks
Greetings Debbie, while no one is ever 100% safe from being hacked (even high security sites), you can reduce your chances of it happening by using passwords on your computer and your network. Make sure that they are not easily guessed by using a combination of letters, symbols/punctuations and numbers while at the same time not making it too difficult for you to remember. As a safeguard, store your passwords somewhere other than on your computer in case you forget. If you have multiple logins for your computer, make sure each one is passworded.

If you need additional information, please let me know.