Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

My inbox is full - it says. I deleted about 100 email and

Customer Question

My inbox is full - it says. I deleted about 100 email and emptied the trash. When I tried to download email, it still says it is full.

I use a Mac and have since 1985. Currently am using an iMac Intel Due using OS 10.5.7. I have 4Gb of Ram and plenty of Hard Drive space.

How do I fix it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

What application are you using?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm using Thunderbird. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I already solved the problem by compacting the folders. It is now working and accepting email.

Unless you have other and better answers which I can save for future use, please discontinue work on the project.

If you have different and better answers, send them along, and, if I agree, I'll authorize payment. I am 79 years young and a man of my word. However, it will need to be something different and better than I already did.

Thank You.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Nope. I was going to say compact if Thunderbird or Rebuild Mailbox if Mail.

Glad it is working.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It didn't work out that you could really help me this time as I guess I helped myself first. However, I will keep you, and your firm, in mind for the next time I have a problem.

Pete Jantz
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As shown in previous correspondence, I solved the problem on my own before getting any advice from you. When you did reply, your solution was what I had already done.

As I said earlier, I would pay if your solution was perhaps newer, better, more complete or in some other way something I could retain in my records for future use. It was not, so therefore I do not feel I owe you.

As I said, I will keep your firm in mind for another time. Please change your computer so that it discontinues sending me more opportunities to Accept.

Thank You.

Pete Jantz