Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

the electricity in my building was out for 5 hours. Now the

the electricity in my building was out for 5 hours. Now the yahoo logo on the most visited on the top bar is missing. There is no way to retrieve my email. Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

What browser are you using that showed 'Most Visited'?

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Is the type you mentioned big all over, including folders and icons? or just big type in the Browser window?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
forget the type- it's ok--I'm using Tiger with my OS10--v.10.4--I don't know what you mean by browser--I can only get to my email now by going through Google and typing in Yahoo mail-previously yahoo was on the top with NY Times, Google, etc-- It was on the top with all my most frequently used icons- and all I had to do was click on it. Thank you
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,

So you just mean the bookmarks bar.

Browser is Safari, Firefox, whatever name you see in the upper left of the screen, next to the Apple icon.

And to fix that, just go to yahoo.com by tying it into the address bar. Then while there and you have gone to your Email login page, go tot eh Bookmarks menu at the top of the screen and choose Add Bookmark. When the little window open, choose Bookmarks bar (see pic) and then save. It will show up in the bar again.

graphic

Now, if that Bar is gone, they don't show there at all, then do this:
Go to the View menu and choose Show Bookmarks Bar.
Your saved bookmark my still be there.
graphic

Mine currently says Hide Bookmarks Bar.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
firefox is my browser- can get yahoo on top, then when I return to it, it's gone- how do I make it permanent?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hmmm.

Sounds like a preference may be corrupt.

Quit Firefox.
In the Finder, where the menus says Apple, File Edit, View.... etc, choose Go.

In the Go menu, choose Home
In the Home window, opent eh Library folder.

In teh Library folder, open the Preferences folder.
Look for a file called:
org.mozilla.firefox.plist

Drag that file to the trash can or click once on it and choose Move to Trash from the File menu.

Open Firefox and go back to Yahoo.com and go to Webmail.
Make a new bookmark. Save it in the Bookmarks Toolbar.

Quit Firefox. Open it again. Bookmark gone or is it still there?

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting