Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I bought a Office jet 6500 wireless printer, and every time

Customer Question

I bought a Office jet 6500 wireless printer, and every time I try to print it says the fax failed, I havent even got the fax hooked up. what is to be done here. its on line. Euan
Category: Mac
Expert:  v-4abrew replied 5 years ago.
Hello, it sounds like the fax is set to default instead of the printer.

Check your Printers and Faxes in the control panel and make sure the Printer is setup to be default and if it is not, then right-click on it and click default.

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)
Expert:  v-4abrew replied 5 years ago.
Im Sorry i see you are using a MAC instead of Windows. Let me get you over to the MAC experts.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I have a mac, what now
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am waiting to hear from you guys about what to do with a mac, on this problem
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. Question just got moved to my Cat.
Want to find out more from you.

How did you install this printer? From an enclosed dsik? or a download from the manufacturer website?

Is this printer connected to the USB and wireless? or just wireless?

If USB, have you tried to print that way yet? without wireless?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not connected to usb . disc downloaded for driver,
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,

What version of Mac OS X do you have?

Are you current with your Software Updates from Apple/HP?

Let me know. We may just have to install a more recent update from HP.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dont know verson of mac, software updates are current as far as I know
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
I need the version.

Go to your Apple Menu and choose About this Mac.
Tell me everything in that window.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cant write all the stuff on this what do you want exactly.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
When you open that window, it will say Mac OS X and under it will be 10.4.11 or 10.5.7 or somethig like that.

I need you to be my eyes here and if I cannot 'see' I cannot help.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10.5.7 IS WHAT IT SAYS
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,

Thanks for that.

Here is the link to the Support page for that printer.

Choose your OS X (10.5) and then choose the Full installer. Then download and install.

Let me know.
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting