Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I recently bought the new Mac desktop computer and hooked up

I recently bought the new Mac desktop computer and hooked up my old printer, a Canon Pixma MP500. It prints just fine, but will not scan. A pop up window appears that says No Image Capture Device Connected. I also think I need to install an MP Driver and MP Navigator. Do I need these downloads, and if so, where can I get them online, seeing as I've lost my printer start up disk.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Almost could not find it. but I did find one on Canon-Europe. it is in English, so no worries.

Here is the Link.

It is MP Navigator and seems to say it is for scanning and supports most OS X, including 10.5.x.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much for steering me in the right direction. I also needed to download a printer driver, and then I was able to scan. Thank you!
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Great to hear.

And Thanks for the Accept!

Very much appreciated.

Please come back again.