MacDoc
MacDoc, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have been using Macs since 1985 and have solved Mac related problems for years.
20120819

I have a Canon multi function MP610 printer scanner. I installed

Customer Question

I have a Canon multi function MP610 printer scanner. I installed the software from the disc when i got it. The printer works fine - but the scanner has never worked.
I now need it to work on my new IMAC OSX 10.5.7.    Again the printer works but no scanner. Nothing happens if I press the scanner button on the printer. If I try to scan via the photoshop package from the computer i get the mesage - could not complete this improt command because ther is no scanner installed.

This is despite the fact that i have just tried to download the scanner driver from the software disc provided and also from the canon website for my version of the MAC.

help please
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacDoc replied 7 years ago.
<br />     Sorry to hear about your scanner problems. It sounds like you have a driver problem for your scanner. I have owned several makes of scanners over the years and I have always used VueScan instead of the included scanner application/software. It is a freeware program and very good. Here is a link:
<br />
<br /><a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/7610" target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/7610</a>
<br />
<br />If you find this helpful please let me know by accepting this answer, otherwise good luck to you.
<br />
Expert:  MacDoc replied 7 years ago.
I just saw on the website link that I gave you that VueScan is shareware....but in my opinion, well worth it. It will likely let you download a version that you can try and then purchase for more functionality.
Expert:  MacDoc replied 7 years ago.
     Sorry to hear about your scanner problems. It sounds like you have a driver problem for your scanner. I have owned several makes of scanners over the years and I have always used VueScan instead of the included scanner application/software. It is a freeware program and very good. Here is a link:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/7610

If you find this helpful please let me know by accepting this answer, otherwise good luck to you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Many thanks - i've been out of the office so have not been able to test out if your reply works. But will get back to you if it does.
Expert:  MacDoc replied 7 years ago.
Good luck. Thank you