Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a brand new Canon Pixma MP620 all-in-one printer. If

Customer Question

I have a brand new Canon Pixma MP620 all-in-one printer. If I print more than one document from my browser window using Firefox, Firefox crashes. I can't find anything on Canon's website that supports my printer model.
Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version of Firefox are you using ? (Click on the Firefox menu and select "About Firefox")

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? (Click on the Apple icon and select "About This Mac")
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Firefox 3.5.1, Mac OS 10.5.7
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the fast reply...First we can try to reset Firefox. (Resetting firefox will remove cookies, saved usernames and passwords, history)

Click the Firefox menu and click Preferences, then click Privacy tab. After that, go to the Private Data section and click settings. From the dialog box, check all boxes and click OK. When it asks to confirm, just continue. Then restart firefox and try to print again.

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On the privacy tab do I change anything? (It asks if you want to clear history). Also I can't find a "Private Data" section. The only section that has settings is the Security tab and clicking on the settings button brings up boxes regarding encryption. Is that the Private Data section you mean? Also if I restart Firefox I'll lose this page an dialog.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I'm little busy now....i will be back in 15-20 minutes..I appreciate your patiance....

Just add a bookmark of this page or you can open www.justanswer.com, then login with your username and password. You can see this questions under My Questions Tab

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your patience ! Actually i'm using old firefox.

So we can try to delete the old profile and create new. Deleting the profile will delete the bookmarks, saved usernames and passwords, cookies and everything on firefox. So first make backup of any bookmarks that you want.

Quit firefox, then goto ~/Applications/Utilities/ and open Terminal, then copy and paste this :

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -ProfileManager

Then press return. From the small window, select the profile and click delete.
This will delete your firefox's profile. Then restart your Mac and open firefox. now try to print.
graphic
graphic

Thanks for your patience..

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I'm going to try this now and I'll let you know how it worked. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Okay...i will wait for your reply..Good Luck !
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to say that I followed all of your instructions but the browser is still crashing. I tried this on different sites to make sure it wasn't just one site. Firefox is now not remembering my tabs when I relaunch.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Did you tried it in Safari ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Safari prints fine.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
So the problem is with Firefox's latest version. I think you need to downgrade firefox and try to print from it. So download firefox 3 and try that.

Download Firefox 3

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK - I'll try that.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Did it worked ? Just Curious.....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's really complicated to downgrade the version so I think I'll leave it alone. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
No, its not complicated to downgrade. Just remove the old firefox from ~/Applications/ folder. Then download this version of Firefox and copy it to the ~/Applications/ folder

Download Firefox 3

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked

Best Regards,