Michael, Mac Genius
Experience:  Linux and Mac Genius available for help. Been using Linux and Mac for years.

My Mom has a HP2015dn. She powered off while it was printing

Customer Question

My Mom has a HP2015dn. She powered off while it was printing because she didn't know any better. Paper got stuck in the feeder. She pulled it out but now it won't print. The first icon
blinks. What can she do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
You need to reset the printer! Here's how:

Using the menu and buttons on the printer - find the resets menu:

Any of the following may work to reset the printer to a usable state - I'd try them in this order:
  1. Reset Active I/O Channel
  2. Reset All I/O Channels
  3. Restore Factory Settings - much like Reset Active I/O above - also restores MOST of the preferences to defaults
  4. Reset Memory - much like Restore Factory Settings above - also restores ALL of the preferences to defaults
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will have to try it tomorrow morning because my mother doesn't live with me.
I'll get back to you tomorrow morning HST.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
see you in the morning
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Unlike other HP printers, this one doesn't have a window so I can't see any menu so.
Is one of the buttons a reset? If so, which one? There is a red button, a green button
and five icons in ascending order. At the top is what appears to be a number "8" with a "z"
sideways. This is the light that is illuminated and won't shut off.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.

Use the following procedure to perform a cold reset.

1. Turn off the printer.
  2. Press and hold the Go button.
  3. Turn the printer on, and continue to hold the Go button for at least 5 seconds, but not longer than 15 seconds. During this process, the Attention LED turns on.
  4. Release the Go button.

NOTE: If both the Attention and the Ready LEDs turn on before you release the Go button, you must start the procedure again with step 1.
The printer's LEDs begin cycling. The cold-reset process runs until completion, and the printer returns to the ready state.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tried it twice and it didn't work. If there are pieces of paper stuck in the printer, how would I go
about removing it or where can I take it for repairs here in Honolulu?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
I'm sure there is a way to remove the paper, but I've haven't worked with that particular model enough to tell you how to do it.

I found some companies on your island that claim laser printer repair.

Royal Data Services(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Maintec Inc - -(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Pacific Business Machines (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Electronic Business Machines (NNN) NNN-NNNN