Michael, Mac Genius
Experience:  Linux and Mac Genius available for help. Been using Linux and Mac for years.

How do I select all my contacts and send them all the same

Customer Question

How do I select all my contacts and send them all the same e-mail message?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, I wasn't around when you asked this question. I just got back from picking up a 150 gallon aquarium!

OK, I assume you're using the Apple Mail application...please let me know if you're using something else.

When looking at your address book entries, click to select one of them. Once you've got one selected, hold down the command key on your keyboard and press the "A" button. This selects all within the address book group.

If you're not using a keyboard with the command key, you can select the first contact, scroll to the bottom of the list and while holding your "Shift" key, click the last contact.

Once you have all the recipients selected, press the To or the CC button at the top of the address book window.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My problem is that the "To" or "CC" button does not appear when I have all contacts selected. I have to click back and that deletes the "select all" action.

ann mcintosh
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
The buttons do not appear, or they are not available to click?

If they are not available (grayed out), try selecting the contacts individually. Start at the top of the list. If the "To" button is still available after selecting the first - while holding the command key click contacts one at a time until the "To" button becomes unavailable. Using this method, it may be possible to determine which contacts are causing the button to be disabled.

If the buttons are not there at all, you may want to check for updates.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
Are you using the apple mail application, or another program, or some form of webmail?