Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i completed a software update today and then could not open

Customer Question

i completed a software update today and then could not open Entourage. I stupidly started moving things around in 'microsoft user data' and appear to have lost ALL my mail, contacts, etc. Please HELP!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6 or Mac OS X 10.4.11, etc" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are you attempting to access your Entourage 2004 identities through Entourage 2008?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i found the answer.
But so you know --for future reference, if anyone is foolish enough to ask, rather than to call Microsoft for the answer------Microsoft released an update about 2 weeks ago---which, when installed, has caused MANY but not all people who have updated to have this problem with Entourage! The only fix is to reinstall the CD (which is not possible for those of us away from home who don't happen to carry our program disks with us on vacation!)

I originally contacted JustAnswer because i believed with so many EXPERTS standing by, i would get an answer more quickly than calling microsoft and and being put on hold for hours--i certainly was mistaken. I would appreciate having my money refunded ASAP.