MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

How can I get Thunderbird connected to

How can I get Thunderbird connected to
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

You will need to have this information available to set up your Cox email in Thunderbird:

• Of course, your username and password
But you also need the Incoming and Outgoing Mail server addresses from Cox.

Keep in mind, you have to select the correct Cox Incoming mail server
address based on your region.

I know this may seem redundant, but the fact that you can send and not receive may be due to the possibility of an incorrect Incoming mail server- That is a probability only, not fact.

Cox Central incoming mail server:

• Cox East incoming mail server:

• Cox West incoming mail server:

Here are steps below to help you test another POP mail address for your Cox email account again, to try due to to the issue you are having with the address

••From the Thunderbird menu bar, select Tools and from the drop down menu, select
"Account Settings... "

• Then from within the Account window, click on the Add Account button toward the bottom of the window.

This is the screen you will see (below). Make sure "Email account" is selected.

From here you will press the Continue button and follow the New Account setup assistant to guide you through setting up your Cox email using one of the Incoming mail server addresses provided above.

View Full Image

When you are completed with the setup assistant, you should now be able to see your Cox email populating the inbox in the main email view window.

These are preliminary steps to help try to receive emails using a different Cox Incoming mail server address, however, I am still here to assist you as you need it.

Also, if you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!