Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

i forgot my apple id and password XXXXX have been trying to reset

Customer Question

i forgot my apple id and password XXXXX have been trying to reset it thru apple support but i no longer have the email account that it shows. I need to get back on but i can't get past the id screen. the last information was to contact application represetative but don't know how. I have a mac mini ( one of the first)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help.
If you have the disks that came with the Mini or if you have newer OS instal disks then:
1 Insert the installation disk and restart holding the 'C' key.

2 When it boot up and asks for the language choose 'Continue'.

3 It will go to another screen for installing the OS, ignore this and in the menu bar there will be 'Utilities' click on that and in the drop down menu select 'Change Password'

3 After that restart and login normally.

Now if you don't have the disks then the nearest Apple store Genus can help. Other than that there isn't much any one can do.
Hope this is the answer you were looking for.