Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Reference case # XXXXX I turned on Johns iMac and

Reference: case # XXXXX I turned on "John's iMac" and received a pop up msg that "time machine" could not be mounted. Time machine in different room than iMac.

What problem does this create other than no back up?

Help!!!

John Bausano
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer
Are you able to open the system preferences? If so then open the TM preference and make sure it is turned on.
This does just as you think, it will not perform any backups.
Am I correct in assuming that you are not John? And you want to fix this before John finds out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can and did open preferences (at your direction) and found the TM had not been turned on at the completion of case XXXXXXXXX that referenced in my contact w/you big kids.

You are not correct in your assumption that I am not John. I am. So I have already found out about the malfunction :-))))

Your response was faster than I expected and you highlighted how much I do not know or understand about computers. Outstanding job and response time.

Have a glorious 4th and fly your flag tomorrow.

TX, John   
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
Glad to be of help if that fixed the problem then please give me a glowing feedback.
I am glad that John knew all along.
I am sending this as need info so just put anything as a reply and it will go away.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your answer came back sooner than I expected (about 9 or 10 minutes.) The directions were concise and solved my problem on the first try. I am ecstatic about the results and time involved.

Bakersfield, Ca
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.
You need to press Accept for me to get paid.
Thank you
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.