Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

I have installed an HP Photosmart C4400 to my mac for my office

Customer Question

I have installed an HP Photosmart C4400 to my mac for my office and I have bought the same printer for home and want to install it to the same mac. It won't allow me past the stage that says 'detects other hp applications, please come out of them.' What can I do? Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

Restart the Mac with the SHIFT key held down. Release it when it appears to be loading up.

When you get to the Login or Finder, login and then run the Install.

This should eliminate anything running in the background.

BTW... if this is the same Mac, just go to the System Preferences (Apple Menu) and click on Print & Fax. See if the printer is already installed. You may not need to install anything since it is the same printer model. You might have to choose what port it is in though... USB, Network, wireless...etc and you might end up with 2 identical listings, but they will be 2 different printers.