Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Mac G5 froze as I was using Garage Band. I held down the

My Mac G5 froze as I was using Garage Band. I held down the power-up button to shut it down. When I pressed the power button again to restart, I can hear the disk noise begin, but there was no startup chime and the screen stayed black. After about 10-20 seconds, the fan came on and stayed on. Still nothing on the screen. It continues like that. The CD drive won't accept the Install Disk. What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What type of Mac is this ? (iMac , iBook etc)

What happens when you insert the Mac OS X disk, is it ejects it or not booting from it ?

How did you tried to boot from the disk ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Ashik. The drive won't accept the Mac OSs X disk. When I push in into the disk drive, it doesn't take it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
First make sure, there is no disk inside the drive..

and what type of Mac are you using ? (iMac or ?? )
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mac G5. I don't believe there is a disk in the drive, but how can I tell? Oh, this is odd, I just pressed the power button again so I could try pressing the disk drive eject button. And now it appears to be booting. The apple icon appeared like it should. But now it is having trouble pairing with my wireless bluetooth mouse. I just now put in new batteries - its still having trouble and cannot pair with the mouse. Any ideas?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
So its booted...so are you able to get into the desktop ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I cannot get past the "Bluetooth Mouse Set up" Screen. It continues to attempt to pair with the mouse, but fails repeatedly, even though the batteries are new. And now I see there's nothing wrong with the mouse. I'm talking to you from my G4 laptop and the mouse has paired with it and is working fine - but the G5 cannot pair with the mouse.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a wired mouse ?. If so connect it into your Mac and start again. Then goto
~/Users/[yourname]/Library/Preferences and move these files into desktop

Bluetooth File Exchange.crash.log
com.apple.Bluetooth.plist
com.BluetoothFileExchange.plist

If you can't find these files then, try to locate in ~/Library/Preferences/ folder

Now connect your bluetooth mouse and try to pair it

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked. Let me know how it goes before Accepting.
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc