Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

help! I have a black 13 MacBook bought in 2008. Recently there

help! I have a black 13"MacBook bought in 2008. Recently there has been a loud creeking noise when I open or close the lid, seems to be at the hinge. Problem is that there seems to be intermittent disruption in connection between the screen and the computer - if I bump the lid when it's up I lose the visuals on the screen. If I close it all the way and open it the image comes back up. I have the applecare plan but haven't taken it to the store yet -- don't want them to take my Mac away. :) Any idea what's wrong with it and how to fix? Many thanks!
If you bought it before July 3rd 08 then the warranty is still good or if you bought AppleCare with it it is still under full warranty.
If not it will cost to get it fixed. There is nothing I or any expert here that can do a physical repair without having the machine in our hands.
I know this is not what you want to hear, sorry.
You need to take it to the Apple store if possible even if you it is out of warranty as they can probably tell you where a good inexpensive place to have it repaired.
Here is the URL that will help you find the nearest store.
Thank you. Good luck