Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a mac I was on the window side trying to install Macafee

Customer Question

I have a mac I was on the window side trying to install Macafee total protection the computer shut down saying a fatal error and something about dump now it it wont let me log in and keeps shutting down and restarting
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
I will give it a try but I warn you I don't do much with Windows.
That said, I have had a similar issue that involved a wireless card on a laptop. Had fun with that.
If you have the install CDs or DVDs I would try to boot from that and see where and what you can do.
Make sure to disconnect all external devices that are not essential for operation.
If it will boot into the Mac OS then I suggest doing that and go through Boot Camp and start over.
This means that everything on the Windows partition will be lost so do so as the last resort.
One thing that may be of some help is if your machine is still under warranty or if you have AppleCare then go to the Apple store and a Mac Genus can do what I can't because he/she will have the machine right there.
Hope I have been of help.