Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

how can i uninstall google from my 10.4.11 AND is there a program

Customer Question

how can i uninstall google from my 10.4.11 AND is there a program that will do it for me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-----------------------------------------------------
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Which Google software are you trying to delete?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i want to eliminate all google software from my mac osx 10.4.11. i want to user a different search engine.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

Could you please give the name of the google softwares in your mac (Gmail, Gtalk etc) ?

"i want to user a different search engine", i didn't understand this. Are you saying about the browser's (Safari or Firefox) search engine ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i use safari. years ago, i must have installed google in my computer when i bought it. i have basic google earth in it, too. but i don't know what else google may have sneaked into my system. i've read posts saying that there are many parts of google. the only one i'm aware of installing was the original google and google earth. also, when your first reply came to me asking me to click on the reply button, a window opened saying that something about a "windows play list," which often happens when people send me email. is there a way to correct this so that an email that is sent to me opens INSTEAD of the "windows play list"?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the reply, if you installed google applications on your Mac, it should be situated on your Applications folder (~/Applicaitons). You can uninstall the Google Applications and all its preference file by using a third part software called CleanApp 3.1.3 (Download Now)

I uploaded a video about the removing and managing search engine toolbars, you can download it from here. In the last part of the video, you can see how to remove search engine toolbars. (So you can reomve google toolbar)

If you can't see the google application in Applications folders, then it might not be installed on your Mac.

Only Click ACCEPT after it worked. Let me know how it goes before Accepting
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I didn't see the "windows play list" error/message before ?

Are you using the Mail applicaiton or are you accessing your e-mails from the browser ?

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error/message ? (press Command-Shift-3, and the image will be saved on the desktop, then upload the image in here)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ashik, i just noticed this part of your reply. i am confused. i went back to the reply button that caused the windows play list window to open, but it doesn't do it now so i can't send you a screenshot. HOWEVER, did you get my reply saying that the movie download that you sent me doesn't work? when i clicked on it, a window about firefox (i use safari) goes into some kind of automatic processing and recycles over and over. are you getting this reply?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ashik, here is the screenshot, after all. thanks.

/Users/peterjacobs/Desktop/Picture 2.png
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I didn't got the first reply saying "that the movie download that you sent me doesn't work?"

First, the problem is, search engine in safari is normally "Google" which cannot be changed. Because safari comes with the google search bar. So it is impossible to remove it.

And please upload the picture into www.rapidshare.com and post the link in here, bacause i cann't see the image.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ashik,(1) here is the link. (2) if i remove the safari, and something different than safari (is safari called a browser?), can i then get rid of google?

1. Download Link:     Click here to download file
http://rapidshare.com/files/251134357/Picture_1.png.html
MD5: ADB18F15E2FB401DF89AACB0E584E0E0
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You don't have to remove Safari (yes safari is a browser), just leave it. And try Firefox (another browser like firfox), it is best browser and i have been using it for year for Mac as well as PC. So you can download the firefox from here. Download and install it. In firefox you can change the search engines (see the last part of my video)

Just One question - Why you are using "Windows Media Player", do you still want to use it or do you want to use a advanced player than media player ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
(1) unless it is causing problems, widows media player is ok ( i don't know of anything else anyway). do you have an alternate suggestion? many times i get that windows media player window and people's messages to me don't open. (2) perhaps you didn't see my earlier message saying that your movie doesn't open. thanks, pete
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Do you need the Windows Media Player (because it is old and it is causing the issue (may be)) ?

If you don't need that one, you can trash it and use new player called VLC Player. It is better than Media Player and it plays all types of File formats (VCD,DVD, HD etc). Trashing Media Player may solve the "play list not recognized " issue.

So you can try to trash it, You can use the AppCleaner software or ......by going to ~/Applications/ and drag the "Windows Media Player" application into trash (don't empty the trash). After trashing restart your Mac and see if the error still occurs. (It is better to use the AppCleaner to remove the media player)

(I'm sorry for taking too time to solve your issue)

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'll try these things. did you see my msg that your "move" doesn't work about how to uninstall google?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for Accepting my answer...I think you're confused with the movie, so here is a good tutorial to remove google from Firefox (i think you installed firefox)

Open Firefox and click the drop down icon on with "G" icon on the top right part of the window as shown in the image below. Now click "Manage Search Engines"
graphic

Select "Google" from the list and click "Remove". This will remove the "Google Search Engine". Now press Okay
graphic
Image After "Google Search Engine" Removed
graphic

After clicking "OK", you will get back to the Firefox page and the "Google Toolbar" was removed from firefox (Remeber : This can't be done on Safari)

graphic

Hope this helps !

If you need any help, please feel free to reply backLaughing