MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

A HP disc will not eject from slot in a new Macbook. It trie

Customer Question

A HP printer disc will not eject from slot in a new Macbook. It tries but is sounds like something mechanical. I tried the restart scenario holding the mouse button down, etc. It's like it's hitting something internal.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

I know this may sound a bit far-fetched but one way eject a disc from a Macbook drive, is to let the Macbook sit for approx. 10-15 minutes unattended, and the disc is supposed to automatically eject.

• Another way is to go into Applications>Utilities folder > Disk Utility where you should see the Super or Combo drive on the left side window within Disk Utility, then click on the drive or the disc and attempt to eject the disc from there.

• One more way is going through iTunes and attempting to eject the disc from that application.

If none of these 3 processes work, please reply back to me and I will look into some other options.

Thanks for your patience, I will await your update.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
did not work
Thanks for your update.

Here is one more step I think may help get the disc ejected:

From your Desktop:
•Click anywhere on a blank space on your desktop. Now you should see Finder listed near the Apple menu icon.

• From the Finder menu, click on Go, then Utilities from the
drop-down menu. This will take you to your Utilities folder.

• Locate and open the Terminal utility

• At prompt, type: drutil eject
** If you have a CD/DVD drive with a tray, type: drutil tray open

• This command line should eject the disc from the drive, unless there are mechanical issues with the drive. If this should be the case, then I would recommend you take your Mac into your local Apple Retail store or Apple authorized service center for removal of the disc.

Let me know if this helps. I will be watching closely for your reply.

Thanks for all your patience once again!