Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

Can I export a group of names and emails, addresses,etc from

Customer Question

Can I export a group of names and emails, addresses,etc from max osx mail t csv files?

They have v-cards, but not sure how that works
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Apple Address Book will only export to vCards. But you can convert the vCards to csv.
Export your addressbook files then visit this site;
They will convert your file to CSV then you can open it on Excel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I clicked on the site & am getting page load error

also - what do you mean by export your addressbook files?

do you mean the one file that has the names I am interested in, or the whole address book?

do you mean get a v-card together for this group and then go to that site?

Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
In addressbook select the name you want exported or select them all. Then from the FILE menu choose EXPORT... EXPORT vCard.

Then vist the site (here is a second that does the same thing)

Then open the new file in Excel.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just thried your second source for conversion, and the files I ended up don't look at all like the csv files from the 1 shopping cart - they have file columns with first name, last name, email, etc -- these files have names , bunt cant find emails, they are formmatted totally different
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
It works best if you choose a comma as a column separator from the web page. Change /t to ,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, now I have a file that has the various columns I am looking for - to put this info into the cdv file from 1 shopping cart, do the file headers have to be spelled out in the same way?

the file from 1 shoppng cart has plain names like first name, last name, the file from the converter is in a different order and the column headings are different
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Yes if you want to merge the data like that just change the column headings to match your requirements.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I changed headers and copied and pasted from one excel file to the other & that works- is there an easier way?

last question - is there an easy way to save this set of questions & answers for future refernce - thanks!
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
An easier way? You might use Applescript to write a solution but I don't think that will be easier in the short term. Just doing it the way you did is the best solution I can think of.

Any time you log in to you can click on MY QUESTIONS in the upper right side to get back to this thread.

Thank you for choosing ACCEPT so I can be paid for my help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! you answered my question.

Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!