Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I was given a mini mac without install disk. I can bring up

I was given a mini mac without install disk. I can bring up names of 5 individuals who used computer but no passwords. How can I bypass and set my own passwords?
I strongly suggest you get system disks. You will need them for this problem and other problems that can come up. Apple sells them by calling 1-800-SOS-APPL. If you purchase on eBay make sure you buy CDs for your exact computer or full retail versions. CDs made for others Macs will not work.

To reset your OS X password XXXXX an OS X CD you need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:

Hold apple + s down after you hear the chime.
When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now
After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!