Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

MY outgoing email wont send. Comcast has checked and said it

Customer Question

MY outgoing email wont send. Comcast has checked and said it is a problem with the Apple mail program. This happened a while ago. How do I fix it Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help.
First some information.
Type of Mac, iMac, PowerBook, etc-
Mac OS version-
When was your last update-
Is the account with Comcast and is it a POP or IMAP-
How are you connecting (cable modem, DSL or dial up)-
One thing you may want to try is checking the Mail Preferences/Accounts and cross check the info there and match with Comcast's info. I know that sounds simple but usually those are what drives me nuts.
Can you think of anything that changed about the time this started, an Apple update or some new software installation, things of this nature.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IMac 10.5.7 Cable model (from Comcast) System always updated so dont recall if there was a recent Mail update but possible. Will check settings tonight Only change was at Comcast instructions when I called then to help and that was incoming fro POP to mail,. Account is comcast server
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
I am sending a PDF that you record your Mail account info on for future reference. If it does not come through please tell me and I will resend./Users/danny/Documents/Apple Nights/Mac course/Mail cheat sheet.pdf
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
I would send you a PDF if you send me an email address that I can send to direct. Just Answer will only allow me to send text from Safari and FireFox as IE won't run on my Mac.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Send the PDF [email protected] I still cant get my emails out Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 years ago.
Please cut me a little slack I am new to this JustAnswer site and while I am good at fixing Apple problems and sometimes it takes longer.
The other thing to look at is the port number the account is using. I have accounts with AOL, Gmail, Mobileme, and Roadrunner all use different ports. I don't know which one you want to use. Comcast would be the one to ask for that.
This is the correct smtp setting.
I have just figured out how to send images so I will send you the one I promised earlier.

Also try rebuilding the mailbox found under 'Mailbox' menu at the bottom.